There’s a lot that goes into making a quality leather watch band. For such a simple product, there’s a surprising number of details that have to be done right. As with many other hand crafted, artisan products, the cost of labor has dictated that modern manufacturing be outsourced to China, resulting in ubiquitous, cheap watch straps that flood the internet, our malls, and even many of the fine jewelers in this country. Sadly, the quality just isn’t what it once was.
I was fortunate enough to buy out the remaining stock from a watchmaker who retired after many years in the trade. These watch bands and straps are (NOS) new, old stock, and were made back when you could trust that you were buying a quality product. These were stored carefully and are in new or like new, unworn condition. The leather is supple and they’re the perfect compliment to your fine time piece. I’m able to offer these at a fraction of the cost of an equivalent Swiss, French, or Italian watch band of contemporary production. Problem is: when they’re gone, they’re gone. There’s no reordering. So don’t delay, pick up a replacement watch band today, and consider buying a couple extra for your own supply before they run out.
Here are the details for this strap:
- 16mm no padding, matte finish tan/natural/brown color boar or pigskin. The buckle end is 8.9cm long (10 counting the buckle), and tapers just slightly down to 1.53 cm at the buckle. If you plan to use a replacement buckle, it will fit standard 18mm buckles (measure yours to double check!) The long end is 12.5 cm long and tapers just slightly down to 14.4mm at the end. This is a standard or regular sized watch band (as opposed to the long or short lengths).
- 100% quality, genuine pigskin/boar leather. The leather quality is incredible. It is pressed smooth and stitched along the edges, and was made by the Hadley Roma company.
- 1 chunky fixed keeper–a classic, vintage look!
- Faintly gold tone buckle with spring bar retainer. This means it can be easily swapped out for a different color or style buckle. If you have the special Patek Philippe, Rolex, Omega, Breitling, or other manufacturer buckle of the same width, it’s easy to install on this band using a spring bar tool.
- Vintage quality!
- This band would look incredible on a vintage military watch or vintage chronograph. Since the band doesn’t taper much, it has a great rugged or more tool oriented feel to it.
I am happy to include a free pair of spring bars by request. If you would like me to include the spring bars, please send me a message/email, or include your request in the comment section at check out.
I highly recommend purchasing a spring bar tool from me or anther vendor; they are quite reasonably priced. These help with removing your old band and installing the new band. Having the proper tools makes the job much easier and can help prevent scratching your fine watch during band changes. If you purchase the spring bar tool and the watch band together, I’m happy to waive the extra shipping charge to save you some money.
There are no reviews yet.