There’s a lot that goes into making a quality leather watch band. For such a simple product, there’s a surprising number of details that have to be done right. As with many other hand crafted, artisan products, the cost of labor has dictated that modern manufacturing be outsourced to China, resulting in ubiquitous, cheap watch straps that flood the internet, our malls, and even many of the fine jewelers in this country. Sadly, the quality just isn’t what it once was.
I was fortunate enough to buy out the remaining stock from a watchmaker who retired after many years in the trade. These watch bands and straps are (NOS) new, old stock, and were made back when you could trust that you were buying a quality product. These were stored carefully and are in new or like new, unworn condition. The leather is supple and they’re the perfect compliment to your fine time piece. I’m able to offer these at a fraction of the cost of an equivalent Swiss, French, or Italian watch band of contemporary production. Problem is: when they’re gone, they’re gone. There’s no reordering. So don’t delay, pick up a replacement watch band today, and consider buying a couple extra for your own supply before they run out.
Here are the details for this strap:
- 19mm padded, edge stitched, matte finish black premium Norwegian Calf leather. The buckle end is 8.3cm long (9.6cm counting the buckle), and tapers down to 14.4 mm at the buckle. The long end is 12.5 cm long and tapers down to 13.5mm at the end. This is a Long size watch band (as opposed to the short of regular sized bands).
- 100% quality, genuine Norwegian calf leather. The leather quality is incredible. It is supple and soft, and really feels like the quality leather that you would use to make extremely soft driving gloves. It has a nice, silky smooth nap and looks like it would break in and darken up over time with exposure to hand oils. This type of leather is what many contemporary manufacturers refer to as “Coach” leather. It’s truly first class.
- Single fixed keeper–classic vintage.
- Gold tone buckle with spring bar retainer. This means it can be easily swapped out for a different color or style buckle. If you have the special Patek Philippe, Rolex, Omega, Breitling, or other manufacturer buckle of the same width, it’s easy to install on this band using a spring bar tool.
- Vintage quality!
- This band would look excellent on any number of the vintage chronographs or military watches including Hanhart, Omega, Heuer, Breitling, and Longines, just to name a few.
I am happy to include a free pair of spring bars by request. If you would like me to include the spring bars, please send me a message/email, or include your request in the comment section at check out.
I highly recommend purchasing a spring bar tool from me or anther vendor; they are quite reasonably priced. These help with removing your old band and installing the new band. Having the proper tools makes the job much easier and can help prevent scratching your fine watch during band changes. If you purchase the spring bar tool and the watch band together, I’m happy to waive the extra shipping charge to save you some money.